Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The moral of the story is ………………

This entry is for the http://www.myhealthyspeak.co.in/ contest

“Dude, you look tired man. It is just 11.00 and you already look jaded”, Rahul quipped. Rahul was famous with his colleagues because of his friendly banter. He had many fans for his looks as well.
“I worked out in the gym today man” , replied Sanjay. Sanjay was a perfect Software Engineer. He was coy and lazy, loved watching movies and hated anything taxing.
“Ahh..Thats the reason for today’s drizzle. By the way, 10 minutes in the treadmill doesn’t fall under workout. It is called warm-up”, Rahul shot back.
“Chalo, Lets go for a smoke”, Rahul pushed Sanjay from his chair.
“This is the second break in 3 hours man. Certainly not something that we expect of a Casanova”, Sanjay frowned and left his cubicle.

-----------------------------

Rahul coughed instantly when he placed the third cigarette in his lips.

“It is high time that you quit smoking Rahul. It is more of an addiction than relaxation, I believe”, Sanjay.
“Stop your boring lectures, Mr. Saint. Let us talk about something interesting”, Rahul replied.
 Sanjay nodded in disagreement and started to tell something but Rahul stopped him and started to talk about the team-building activity in Ooty.

Super Computers Pvt Ltd, was taking its employees for a two day activity in the Sterling resorts, Ooty. All the employees were super excited with the trip which was scheduled in a couple of days.

----------------------------- 

“Living in Ooty is bliss, Isn’t it” Sanjay was talking to Rahul as he looked out of the window. Rahul was brushing his teeth and Sanjay was just out of bed.
“Hmmm” , Rahul replied in mono-syllables with his mouth full of foam. Sanjay started to brush and instantly held his jaw. Aah he shouted in pain.
Rahul gargled and rushed near Sanjay.

“What happened man”, Rahul was worried.

“I have some pain, whenever I brush”, Sanjay replied and looked at Rahul’s teeth.

“Rahul, you are bleeding from your gums man”, Sanjay.

“That happens every now and then, if I gargle again, it goes away”, Rahul went to gargle again.

“Rahul, I am planning to visit a dentist as soon as we reach Chennai. Why don’t you come with me?”, Sanjay was concerned.
“Dude, Behave like a grown-up man. If you run to the dentist every now and then, you will have to pay your whole salary to the dentist”, Rahul joked.
“No Rahul, I believe both of us have some problem with our teeth, so it is better to get it checked. Don’t you know, Prevention is better than cure”, Sanjay replied.
“Abhey… Just leave it there man. I brush twice a day and am a body-builder too. My body is strong and so is my tooth. Bleeding is just part of growing up. If you are concerned about your teeth, you get it checked and pay the dentist, I am not going to come with you”, Rahul replied in a rude tone.

“Chill Dude, I was just trying to help you. Anyway, it is getting late, I will get ready in a jiffy”, Sanjay disappeared into the washroom.

They spent the next couple of days in the resort and had a great time.

-----------------------------

Sanjay visits a Dentist in Chennai and finds out that these were symptoms of Gingivitis [A mild gum disease]. He goes for regular treatment and also urges Rahul to join him. Rahul shunned the thought of meeting a Dentist despite Sanjay’s persistence. In a few weeks, Sanjay was cured of his Gingivitis.

“Dude, I need not rush to the dentist from today”, Sanjay was excited when he broke the news to Rahul.
“Congratulation School Boy, for making the dentist rich by a few grand” Rahul replied in a sarcastic tone.
Even if something goes wrong, I can get it corrected like Sanjay, Rahul told himself without realizing what was supposed to unfold in the future.

-----------------------------


Sanjay goes to Mumbai for a couple of months and comes back to the office. He is shocked to see Rahul. Rahul was talking with a colleague, but Sanjay was able to see that his teeth looked longer and his gums were shrunk.

After exchanging pleasantries, Sanjay felt a bit uncomfortable. He started to tell it out to Rahul.

“Rahul, I am sorry to tell this, but the bad breath from your mouth is disturbing”

“Hmmm. Yes Sanjay, I started to brush thrice a day and am using a mouthwash but this isn’t leaving me man”, Rahul told in a sad tone.

“I guess there is pus in your gums and your teeth looks bigger now” Sanjay was emptying all his thoughts.

“Yes man, I have to do something about this. I have a fashion-show selection next week. Once I am done with that, I want to meet your dentist”

“Finally, you have decided to do something. Congrats”, Sanjay replied and started to speak about Cricket as their manager came near Rahul’s desk.

-----------------------------

Sanjay approaches a visibly distressed Rahul.

“What happened man, How was the FS prelims?”

“This bad breath wouldn’t go away from me, I guess. This is killing me man. I was rejected because of that” Rahul was irked.
                                                                                                                                                                                  “Forget it man, we will see the dentist and do something about it. How about tomorrow?”

“Why tomorrow, why not today?”, replied Rahul.

“Ok buddy, I will check with the Dentist”, Sanjay picked his mobile and walked away.

-----------------------------


The Dentist finds out that Rahul has Periodontitis [A gum disease that spreads below the gums to damage the tissues and bone that support the teeth]. He was late by a couple of months. Rahul lost a couple of tooth, which were badly damaged. Rahul was stunned to hear the direct link between the heart diseases and the bacteria that cause gum disease.

Rahul feels really bad for ignoring the warning signs and thanked Sanjay for helping him. Rahul is now a happy man and wants to publicize the importance of warning signs. He is writing a story about this and participating in this contest. Wish him good luck!!!  Thanks for reading.. :-P


Reference :



4 comments:

  1. Your language is lucid and crisp..love your posts..and I think you rightly deserve to be awarded the Liebster Award.
    You may collect it from: http://avalleyofdreams.blogspot.in/2013/06/my-liebster-blog-award.html

    Please ensure that you cater to all the instructions before announcing your award to the world!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Win Exciting and Cool Prizes Everyday @ www.2vin.com , Everyone can win by answering simple questions. Earn points for referring your friends and exchange your points for cool gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete